Our Backyard Garden

Our Backyard Garden
This is where it all begins.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In the ground.

My plants are all in the ground!  I am very excited.  On Friday afternoon (5/13), I had some extra time, so I decided to do my planting a day early.  It worked out well, as we did have rain on Saturday.  All plants were fertilized with a long-acting fertilizer.

Tomato plants:


 Cucumbers:

Peppers (Green, Red and Jalapeno)

Eggplant and String Beans:

Zucchini and Pumpkin:

On Saturday morning, Katie clogged at the Burlington County Farmers Market.  While we were waiting for the dancing to begin, I had a chance to walk around.  There were several farmers there with vegetable plants for sale!  I wished I had waited to buy my plants.  There were lots of varieties of heirloom tomatoes that I would love to have in my garden.  I am already dreaming of taking down the swingset and expanding my garden next year...

I did pick up three perennial herb plants: lemon verbena, lemon thyme and chive.  I think they will make an excellent addition to my garden.  To make room for them, Wes pulled out the daylillies on the corners of the beds.  We put in the chive and lemon verbena.  I potted the lemon thyme.  

Now to watch it all grow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment