Our Backyard Garden

Our Backyard Garden
This is where it all begins.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June is Bustin' Out All Over!

When we did Carousel in High School I didn't realize that one day the song mentioned above would come to mind while weeding my garden.  Oh how those buggers multiply!  Hence the reason for the lapse in blog posts.  You know how you have to de-clutter your house before you can have anyone over?  Well that seems to apply to posting photos of a garden on your blog!

Anyhoo,  I did some quick weeding today so that I could at least get some pictures up tonight.  It is exciting to see how the garden has grown.  So without further delay...

The Tomato Plants...

Notice the carrots in front of the tomato plants...

 Believe it or not... here are the cucumbers that I started from seeds!

Last summer I had a cherry tomato plant in a pot near the edge of my garden.  Sometimes when a tomato was past its prime, I would just toss it in the garden.  Well surprise, surprise!  This year I had about twenty spontaneous plants pop up!  So I transplanted some.  We'll see how they do!


 Here are the string beans and eggplant...
        

And let's not forget the zucchini and pumpkin... still in need of some weeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment